We are sure there may be many of you like us, who might have heard the hype about drones and felt like trying one. But you could never find the valid justification to finally purchase one. Most of the times when you are bent on indulging in travel photography, you are the busiest with your camera. With such a lot of concerns like legal issues, space constraints etc., you might have never considered taking a drone with you on a trip. But, if you look around yourself, there are a lot of enthusiasts and photographers who take their drone with them as they travel. But how do they manage to do so?
Travelling with such an expensive piece of equipment requires thought and planning. There may occur quite a few issues like damaging your drone or losing the images or getting kicked off your flight or getting your drone confiscated are some of the instances which could make your trip a living nightmare. So, there are certain things which you should keep in mind when you are travelling with your ever precious DJI drone. Rise Above Custom Drone Solutions is the best drone store you could shop your drones from whether you are a beginner or a veteran. They stock various kinds of drones, at the most affordable prices, offer fast delivery, and authentic product warranties.
Tips for travelling the world with your drone
If you are a seasoned traveller, high chances are that you may have seen a drone here or there when you were out visiting popular tourist attractions. Drones are like your camera arsenal if you are committed towards travelling and photography. They are a perfect device to document your travels and capture the best possible footage. However, you just can’t be taking your DJI Osmo anywhere and everywhere. You need to keep certain things in your mind and you could take your travel staple anywhere with you, be it deserts, beaches, waterfalls, mountains or jungles.
1. Know drone laws: The ever increasing popularity of drones is attracting new rules and regulations across the world. They are evolving in individual countries and having an idea about each of them can be difficult. So make sure to research well and do your homework regarding the drone laws of the place you are visiting. Not abiding by the laws could land you in huge troubles like paying fines, injuring someone, getting your drone taken away etc.
2. Carry-on luggage: So, you should always carry your drones as the carry-on luggage and not check-in unless the airlines require you to do it. Drones are fragile and hence best kept out of the check in baggage. But, make sure wherever you put it in; you abide by the restrictions regarding the batteries, charger etc.
3. Sturdy case: The next thing that you need to keep in mind is bring a good case with your drone when you are travelling. This case is essentially your drone bag and you should invest in a good quality one. This bag will make sure to keep your drone protected from unforeseen hardships.
4. Extra batteries: Drones like the Mavic and the Phantom have around a flight time of 20-25 minutes per battery along with an hour’s time to charge the drained battery. So, if you want to avoid losing out on essential flight time, make sure to carry extra pairs of batteries. You could even pack a car inverter for charging your drones whenever you are in a car.
5. Be friendly: Yes, you could face quite a bit of a problem if you end up being rude to the airport security officials. They will be one of the most potential headaches for you. But you need to make sure that you are polite to them, show them the drone, the batteries etc., during the screening process. And answer whatever questions they put forward in a friendly, obedient way.
So, these were some of the most efficient tips which you could use to make the most out of your drone while travelling. So, if you have ever thought about adding your drone to your travel list, or considering right after reading this article, this is the way to go about it. Also, keep a lookout for the second part to know the rest of the valuable tips.