While there are many home repair projects you can do yourself, it is best to leave electrical work to professionals. Faulty wiring can cause fires, shock, electrocution, and other dangers. You should hire a reliable, trustworthy electrician in mission bay who can guarantee the work. Before you make a costly mistake, do your research on the credentials of the electrician before you decide to hire them.
- Ask for recommendations. Builders, contractors and developers often have a list of recommended electricians. The best form of advertising is word of mouth. Ask your coworkers and friends to recommend an electrician who has experience.
- Discuss the area of expertise of the electrician. Electricians can specialize in one or more fields. One electrician may be able to handle new construction sites, while another may be able to service commercial buildings or take care of service calls. It is crucial to ensure that the electrician is experienced in handling any problems or complications that might arise.
- Ask for a copy the electrician’s license. Every person who does electrical work in California must be licensed. The State of California Department of Industrial Relations website has a search tool that will allow you to verify an electrician’s license status.
- Check to see if the electrician has insurance. It is not required by the state, but it may be worth having liability insurance for electricians in case of an accident or damage to your home. Workers’ compensation insurance is required for all electricians if the company employs. Call your insurance provider for additional assurance to make sure that the policies are not expired.
- Get references. Call the references to find out about their satisfaction and the quality of the work. You should verify that the work was completed on time and that the cost was accurately estimated.
- You can check to see if the company has any complaints. The Better Business Bureau can help you search for the company name. Based on complaints history, customer feedback, and licensing, the Prime Buyer’s Report compiles an alphabetical list of reliable electricians.